Super healthy and tasty meal that you don’t need to feel guilty about! This healthy creamy and delicious Vegan Mac & Cheese with veggies.
- Potatoes (Peeled and finely chopped): 300 g
- Butternut pumpkin (Peeled and finely chopped): 300 g
- Chopped cauliflower: 100 g
- Chopped Shallot: 3 tbs
- Cashews: 1/2 cup
- Nutritional yeast: ¼ cup
- White miso: 1 tsp
- Smoked paprika: 1 1/2 tsp
- Olive oil : 2 tbs
- Garlic cloves: 2
- Salt and pepper as per your taste
- Lemon juice : 1 tbs
- Macaroni : 300 g
- Baby spinach or rocket
- Place all the vegetables (Potato, garlic, shallot, cauliflower, butternut pumpkin) and cashews in a saucepan. Add as much water as needed so that the vegetables are covered. Sprinkle a little salt to season and cook the food for at least 15 minutes until tender. Do not drain water.
- Now, blend rest of the ingredients except the macaroni with 2 cups of water in a blender until smooth. You can taste and adjust the seasoning as per your taste.
- Boil water in a saucepan for the macaroni and cook until fork tender. Drain, while keeping a half cup of the cooking water for the sauce.
- Toss the pasta with the sauce and add some of the pasta water.
- Garnish with your favorite greens and serve.